The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ is Home Care Assistance’s proprietary program designed to promote brain health and quality of life through cognitively stimulating activities in the familiar home environment. The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ offers:
- Non-pharmacological approaches consistent with scientific research
- One-on-one mental stimulation and basic care support in the home
- Activities that focus on more than just memory
- A routine to look forward to that keeps aging minds active
Let’s start out by defining what companion care is, the different options that are available, and learning how it is beneficial for your senior.
Looking for home care service for your loved one?
Give us a call at (865) 229-4981
Why use an ordinary caregiver when you can hire a caregiver who is trained in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™?
Home Care Assistance proudly trains caregivers in our proprietary Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ so that clients receive one-on-one cognitive stimulation as well as support with basic care and activities of daily living at no additional cost. Clients who participate in the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ report enjoying the cognitive stimulation aspect of the program as well as an improved level of engagement and overall happiness.
A comprehensive cognitive activities program supporting individual needs
The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ was developed based on cutting-edge scientific research and is consistent with growing evidence such as the ACTIVE study funded by the National Institutes of Health, suggesting that cognitive stimulation is associated with long-term brain health benefits. The Method currently includes over 20 activities targeting not just memory, but the five cognitive domains.
- Executive Functioning includes cognitive abilities such as reasoning, problem-solving, judgment, and thought flexibility
- Attention refers to the ability to focus on a specific piece of information for a long period of time, while ignoring competing distractions
- Language refers to the ability to execute verbal functions including spontaneous speech, speech repetition, speech comprehension, naming, reading and writing
- Visual-Spatial Perception involves the ability to accurately perceive an object’s physical location and understand the relationships between objects
- Memory refers to the ability to retain information and utilize it later
To find out more about The Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, call (865) 229-4981 and speak with a Care Manager now.